Monday, November 19

Weekend Fun

Wow what a weekend! We started our weekend getting up early and running a 5K. Brian was suppose to run the 10K but decided to run with me in the 5K. He is so sweet. It was Fort Carson's annual Thanksgiving 5k/10k Turkey Trot. They raffle off turkeys at the race but we didn't win one. :( Oh well maybe next year. So this race was my first race and real workout since the zombie obstacle 5k race, Run For Your Lives. I am not is shape at all but was able to complete the race in 37 minutes. I consider that good because this was my first race at such a high altitude and it was VERY HILLY. It definitely did a number on my legs and my lungs. After the race I sounded like I was sick because I was a little wheezy. Brian now wants me to do the Spartan Race next summer on Fort Carson. I think in order to do that race I have to start training for it. ;) The rest of Saturday was spent making baby food for Ella and Brian had a guys day where he went shooting. Then we had a very nice family day on Sunday. We cooked a turkey and all the fixings! We decided to have our own little Thanksgiving meal just as a family because we are going to celebrate Thanksgiving with friends on Thursday. It was a great weekend! Here are a few pictures from our weekend. Hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready for Thanksgiving. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment