Tuesday, November 27

Black Friday Madness and Thanksgiving Weekend

First I want to start off by saying I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. We did right here in Colorado. We weren't able to spend it with our families but we were able to spend it with our Army family. :) We were invited over to the Oakley's house, our friends that we met in at Fort Hood and are now here. It was great because another family, the Jennings, that we met in Fort Hood came to visit so we got to catch up with them too. Jackson played with the kids there and Ella wasn't the only baby. She was the oldest so she couldn't sit and play with the younger babies so she  had to hang out with the adults. After a great afternoon we headed home and I had to psych myself up for Black Friday shopping. I didn't rush out to get in lines but realized I maybe should of left a little earlier than 30 minutes before the store opened. I got to Toys R Us about 15 minutes before doors opening and thought that we would all be let in at 8 but boy was I wrong. I ended up waiting in line outside for an hour. It was a good thing there were some nice ladies standing in front of me because we talked the whole time. By the time I got in the store it was 9 and I asked the guys at the front of the line counting people how many had gone in already.... 1,000. I thought 300 maybe 400 so that number surprised me. So once I got in there I only spent about 30-45 minutes shopping and headed to the checkout line. I waited there again for another hour! After that I wasn't in the mood to go to any other store but it was 11:00 and Kohl's opened at midnight so I decided I was out so I would go. I got there at 11:30 and the line wasn't as bad. I also met a nice couple there and talked with them. Kohl's let us all in so I didn't have to wait outside after the doors open. But for those of you that know me I am not one to hold my tongue when people do something not right. As we were all going in like 50 people got out of their cars and starting walking towards the door. I was not about to let anyone that sat in their warm car go in before me! Luckily only like 4 people tried to blend into the line by me and I made sure to tell them that the line was all the way back to the grocery store!! Only one had the nerve to talk back and I won because she got behind me. :) It was funny because after the first two I talked to the family in front of me told me of the two other people. They said they were glad I was there because they didn't have the guts to say anything. Have no fear Amanda is here! :) Anyway, we got in and I got the one thing I went for, a Step 2 play kitchen. It was on sale for $60 and then I had another 15% off and a $10 off coupon. I got that sucker cheap! Success! After that my night was done and I headed home to go to bed. The kids shopping is done and it feels good. Until next year, NOT! Friday was spent low key and then we we went to another friend's house for dinner and games. It was one of the captains Brian works with that Jackson has become best friends with. It is so funny. James got Jackson a Christmas present and it was so cute! They are best buds. Saturday was a family football day that was spent watching Auburn lose Alabama. That stunk but we had a great relaxing family day. Our coach of course got fired on Sunday because this was the worst season we have had in like 55 years. Hopefully next year will be better. And to end our holiday we had our neighbors over on Sunday night for dinner. They have two kids and are a lot like us. Jackson had a blast with their daughter and they played downstairs in the playroom and Ella played with their little boy who is only a month older. It was a perfect end to a perfect 4 days! I of course took like no pictures but that's OK because all the memories are in my head. Now on to a busy week!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda! My name is Heather and I was wondering if you would be willing to answer my question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)