Wednesday, June 27

Waldo Canyon Fire

As many of you have heard or read in the news we have an awful wildfire here in Colorado Springs. It has been going strong and doing and incredible amount of damage. The 800+ firefighters and workers are working so hard to keep everyone safe. As far as I know there have been no people hurt. Only the trees and the surroundings including houses are being destroyed. 32,000 people have been evacuated from their homes and are in shelters and hotels. I am so thankful that we live where we live. God has been looking over us and I am so thankful for that. Our neighborhood is in the Southeast part of Colorado Springs and it is the Northwest part that is being affected. I feel helpless during this tragedy. I am going to go and donate some food for now and hopefully can help more later. I ask from all of you your prayers! I know there are a lot of people out here that need it! Here are some pictures of what our community is going through right now.



1 comment:

  1. This is awful-it really is amazing the places that have been affected by wildfires..even Texas not too long ago. I hope it gets cleared up fast and that y'all never have to experience it:/ Glad you are safe!

    ReplyDelete