Tuesday, August 28

TURN THE PAGE TUESDAY

Calling All Moms! Calling All Moms!
(Or Anyone who wants to share a FABULOUS Children's Book)

Today my dearest friend, Rachel from Three Men and A Little Lady, and I wanted to start a new link party. We are at that stage of motherhood where we are tired of reading the same books over and over to our kids and thought this would be a great way to learn about all the great children's books out there. I don't know about all of you but when I go into a book store and see the children's section I get intimidated. There are so many books and I never know where to start. I love reading to my kids and love finding new books so what better way to find those GREAT books then by listening to all you other moms who have read them over and over!
So every Tuesday we will both be posting on our blogs a great children's book for all of you to learn about and we hope you share one too with us and all those other moms stuck in a book rut! :)
SO, do you want to join in on the fun? The only guideline is that you post a children's book and link up! 

So without further ado, my first pick for Turn The Page Tuesday is a book that is not only great but also has a lot of memories behind it.

"The Many Faces of Ernie"
Written By Judy Freudberg

In this story Bert and Ernie live together and Ernie gets a disguise kit in the mail. He dresses up in all the different disguises trying to fool his old buddy Bert. It of course doesn't work and so he eventually gives up and says he will go check the mail. Then another knock on the door and it is a big, red monster and Bert thinks it is Ernie in a silly disguise again! 

This book goes way back for me. It was my favorite book growing up as a kid. My older sister would read it to me and do different voices for each disguise Ernie dressed up in through out the story. Somehow the book got and lost. When I was my sister's maid of honor she gave it to me as a gift. I am so glad she found it again so that I could share it with my kids and I have done just that. I have carried on the tradition and do silly voices as I read it. My son loves it and I hope when he is older he will read it to his younger sister the same way.


**************************************************************************

What is your favorite children's book? 
Do you have a book from your childhood that you read to your child?

Want to join on on the fun?
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment