Tuesday, August 7

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

SO usually I just post really good recipes I find on Pinterest or some other website but not today! I am going to start sharing some of my favorite family recipes that I grew up with starting with Chicken Noodle Soup. :) My mom always made this on Halloween for dinner and I have continued on the tradition. I made it last night though because 1) it is really good and easy to make and 2) because I had a whole chicken in the freezer that needed to be cooked. After I made it I went to take a picture and of course my hubby looked at me like what was I doing. So the picture isn't very good and I will try and take better pictures next time. I hope you all enjoy this soup as much as my family and I do.


Chicken Noodle Soup

by Amanda Gulden
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours
Keywords: soup/stew entree Chicken fall

Ingredients (4-6)
  • 1/4 onion, chopped
  • 2 1/2 tbsp parsley, dried
  • 1 1/2 tsp thyme, dried
  • 1 whole chicken
  • chicken bouillon cubes
  • 4-6 celery stalks
  • 4-6 whole carrots
  • 1 pkg egg noodles
Instructions
Chop up the onion.
Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil into a big stock pot to saute your onion, 1 1/2 tbsp of parsley, and 1 1/2 tsp of thyme.
Pull out the insides of the chicken and rinse it out with hot water.
Place the whole chicken in the pot and brown on each side.
Fill the pot with enough water to cover the chicken and keep count of how many cups of water because that is how many bouillon cubes you will put in later. It usually comes out to about 10 cups of water.
Cook chicken on low heat for an hour.
While the chicken is cooking cut up the celery and carrots and place it aside until later.
Take chicken out and put aside to cool.
Put the celery and carrots into the broth and cook until tender.
Add remaining 1 tbsp of dried parsley and however many bouillon cubes you need to match the amount of water added.
Once dissolved add the egg noodles.
Pull the chicken off the bone into bite sized pieces.
Once the noodles are cooked, add the chicken and stir all together.
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment