Tuesday, August 10

Visiting Family

This past weekend Brian had a 3 day weekend so we decided to go see my aunt and cousins in Houston. We drove down on Friday and got there for dinner. On Saturday we all drove down to Galveston for the day. We went to the downtown area called "The Strand." It had restaurants, shops, and a candy store that made it all right there in front of you. They also had yummy ice cream. After we ate lunch at a Greek little restaurant on the strand we went to the beach. I didn't really know what to expect since I had never been there but I was pleasantly surprised. We went to Pirate's Beach and it was more families and nicer! We are already planning another trip back to the beach! After we got back to my aunt's we went to dinner and a movie. My aunt watched Jackson for us so we could have a date night. We went to a Louisiana style seafood restaurant named Pappadeauxs. It was really good. Then we went to see the Other Guys and it was HILARIOUS! It is definitely one we will probably buy. Sunday morning we went to this little cafe called Coco's where they made crepes. They were sooooo good. It was a perfect ending to a perfect weekend with family! We are looking forward to going back soon!!!!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I want to Galveston when I was younger and it was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! You should come again!

    ReplyDelete