Wednesday, February 4

Time Flies....

It is amazing how time flies! It feels like yesterday that Brian and I got married and moved to Texas. We have now been in Texas for 7 months and it just blows my mind. I know I have been bad about keeping up with my blog so here is a catch-up blog post. CHrist mas was wonderful and like always wished it had been longer. There was so much I wanted to do and of course only managed to fit in family time. Even for family time there wasn't enough time. Of course on the way home to Texas I cried because next year I will not be able to spend it with my wonderful husband. The thought of not being able to spend the best part of the year with him just broke my heart. I am just so glad that this past year we were able to go home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We were able to see our beautiful niece Emory who gets bigger every day. The next time we see her and Jason and Jen they will have a new addition to the family and I can't wait to be an aunt again! I would of love to see more of our friends. We did make it out to the Station to see a bunch of them but it just wasn't the same. There wasn't enough time and the atmosphere wasn't great for catching up. But that is life and it will never be the same as it was because everyone is older and their lives lead different paths. For New Years, Turner and Galloway came to visit and it was the best New Years EVER! We drove to Austin and stayed in a nice hotel that was a block from 6th St. For those who don't know or didn't watch Real World Austin, 6th Street is full of bars. It is like a mini Bourbon St. It is where all the UT college students go and drink. So we were able to walk to PF Changs for dinner and then to the bars. It was perfect. Turner talked to anything that moved...it was hilarious. We also just happen to walk into a bar that had a roof top balcony and was right across the street where the ball dropped. It was a perfect location. I couldn't of asked for anything better! The next day we actually all felt okay except for we were all exhausted. We went to Fogo de Chao which is an amazing restaurant. It is a Brazilian steakhouse. They give you a card that you flip to yes when you want them to bring out meat and when you need a break you just flip it back over. They had all kinds of meat and it was delicious. We definitely ate too much. Then we walked around UT's campus and it is gorgeous. Well that is all the significant evens up to now. The only thing that is on the countdown is Brian leaving for Iraq and trust me that is not anything to look forward to! :(
Here is Emory driving away!

Brian and I @ the Station
Me, Katie, and Ash @ the Station
The girls @ the Station

The boys @one of the bars on 6th St
Hubby and I on New Years

Turner, Galloway, Brian, and I at the most amazing restaurant!



















No comments:

Post a Comment