Chicken Cordon Bleu
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients (serves 2-4)
- 1 sleeve of Ritz Crackers
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Old Bay
- 3-4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 6-8 Slices Swiss Cheese
- 6-8 Slices Deli Ham
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with Pam.
- Crush the Ritz crackers in a food processor or fingers if you don't have one. They need to be crushed like bread crumbs.
- Stir in the dried parsley and Old Bay and place in a shallow dish with the crackers. This will be used later to coat your chicken.
- Crack your egg in a shallow dish and place to the side.
- Place a chicken breast into a ziploc bag or between two sheets of wax paper and pound it into a flatter piece of chicken. Repeat this with each chicken breast.
- Cut each breast into two pieces on a diagonal. It will be easier to roll up.
- Place a slice of swiss cheese on the chicken and then a slice of deli ham. Repeat with all the chicken breast pieces.
- Roll up the chicken with the smaller end rolling up first so it is tucked in on the inside.
- Dip each rolled up chicken breast into the egg wash and then into the cracker mixture.
- Sprinkle with a little more dried parsley to dust the tops of the chicken.
- Place in a greased 9x13 casserole dish and cover with foil.
- Cook for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Powered by Recipage