Saturday, May 16

Happy Armed Forces Day!

I feel it is only appropiate to post a blog on this day since my own husband is part of the Army. Brian is officially gone and it has not been easy. I was fortunate enough to be able to sit with him in their Batallion classroom all Wednesday night before they left. We were then all moved to the gym early Thursday morning where they had Cracker Barrel brought in for the soldiers. It was a very depressing scene with all the families sitting with their soldiers just waiting. At about 8:00 AM Brian and I thought it would be a good idea to just rip off the band-aid and say good bye. That was by far the hardest and most depressing thing I have ever had to do. I hope I don't have to do it again for a very long time!

Before I said GoodBye! :(


Now that that depressing day is over it is getting a little easier each day. I still get sad but nothing compared to the first day. I was able to get on skype with Brian on Friday night and this morning. It is going to make this whole 12 month deployment so much easier. I love technology!
I can't imagine how people did it before internet and Skype! Well the count down has started for when Brian comes home. 343 days to go!!!


Now updates for the month of April! Brian and I went home to Madison for 10 days for his block leave. It was very relaxing and we had a great time. We got to see his sister Kristen and his brother and his wife, Jason and Jen. Our niece emory is absolutely adorable. I also had my 24th birthday. We went to dinner at Casa Blanca with both of our families and had a great time. I am so glad I was able to spend my birthday with Brian this year because last year he was at camps and next year he will be gone in Afghanistan. Then when we got back to good ol Fort Hood we just hung out and relaxed some more for the rest of his time off. It was nice to have that time with him.


Brian and I with Emory


Casa Blanca birthday dinner


1 comment:

  1. Happy late birthday! Did you get my card (at least that was on time)? I think you are so amazing! I am so grateful for Brian and the sacrifice you guys are making! I'll keep him in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete